When you’re behind the wheel, it’s important to focus on driving. Getting to your destination safely should be your number one priority, so keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. Here are some tips to help you focus on driving:
• Save the fun stuff for later. Drive first. When you’re done driving, have fun texting, taking pictures, downloading music, recording videos or watching TV.
• Be an advocate and an example. Discuss distracted driving with your loved ones and encourage them to take the Sprint Focus on Driving pledge at sprint.com/focusondriving.
• Stay informed. Make sure you know the laws and restrictions in the area where you are driving for mobile-phone use while behind the wheel.
• Technology is available. Know the technological solutions that are available and compatible with your mobile device, such as hands-free features and voice-activated applications.
• Plan ahead when it comes to GPS and other tools. Set up navigation tools before you begin your trip and do not attempt to input date while driving.
• Secure your phone. Make sure it’s not sliding around the dashboard or floor and is accessible in case of an emergency.
• Let others focus on driving, too. Don’t send text messages to friends, family members or co-workers when you think they may be driving.
Let’s keep the roads safe! Join Clint Bowyer and Miss Sprint Cup in educating your friends and family to focus on driving. Take the Driver Safety Pledge today!